Charlotte's First Premiere Youth 7on7 League
The Lake Norman Giants have joined up with an elite group of football organizations in and around the Charlotte region to start the first ever 7 on 7 football for 14 & Under kids! (10 & Under will play 5 on 5 flag)
Register now! Teams are filling up quickly! Don't miss your chance to be part of the best 7 on 7 league in our area!
UPDATE: All teams are full except 8 and under!
Frequently Asked Questions are below
Across the nation, 7 on 7 football is growing as more coaches, players and parents are discovering the benefits of this fast paced sport. Many athletes use this as an opportunity to sharpen their skill sets including emphasizing timing, route running, quarterback play, and tempo. Coaches feel that participating in 7 on 7 leagues will have their athletes one step closer to a successful fall season. Below is a list of our most frequently asked questions that I hope will help you determine if this is right for your child.
1. When are practices and games? All practices and games will be on Sunday afternoons. We realize a lot of kids are playing other sports this time of year so we want to make it easy for them to also play 7 on 7 or Flag football!
2. Where are the practices and games going to be held. Most all games and practices will be held at either Davidson Day School, Bailey Middle School or the soccer fields at Bailey Middle School.
3. Do you have to be a skill player to play? 7 on 7 and flag football is typically designed for Wide Receivers, Running backs and Quarterbacks, however, we also need at least two centers for each team so if you have a lineman who wants to get involved or a center who could use the practice of centering in a shotgun formation sign him up!
4. What is different about your league vs. some of the other flag football and 7 on 7 leagues? Mostly our coaches! We have the best coaches in the area including High School coaches who wanted to get involved and help the younger players develop their skills. We also have some rules differences that make it more competitive. Example: In our older groups, the QB has to throw the ball within 4 seconds or the play is considered over.
5. Do you wear helmets? No, our concern was that if we had the players wear helmets they might think it's ok for physical contact and that is not what this sport is all about.
6. How much does it cost to play? The cost to play is $100.00. You will get a Giants shirt and shorts included in our fee.
7. Do you have insurance? Just like in tackle football, the Giants do carry insurance! Always have, always will!
8. Do you do background checks on your coaches. YES!
9. How do I sign my kid up? Click on the signup icon above and it will walk you through the process.Is
Age as of 3/1/14
6&under Tiny Flag
8& under Bantam Flag
10& under Mitey Flag
12& under Junior Striker
14& under Senior Striker
Season: Season to run from March 29, 2014- May 31,2014
Season will consist of 7 week regular season games and an end of the year tournament. Each team will play 1 game per week (regular season).
Playoff/Tournament will be played on May 31, 2014. Playoff to be single elimination One Day Tournament.
Cost: $100.00 per player. Multi player discount for families.
TIME: All games will be 40 minutes (2) 20 minute halves with a running clock. There will be a 25-second play clock in effect. In case of injury the clock will stop at the discretion of the Referee, if that occurs the player must leave for at least one play. 2 timeouts per half per team.
Pop Warner Pink Games 2013
In October we support breast cancer by wearing pink in our games!
No upcoming news listed today.