The Lake Norman Giants Fall Tackle Football & Cheerleading Registration is now open! Football Teams will be capped at 26 this season so register early and secure your spot with the best youth football organization in our area!
Ages and Weights for Tackle Football Programs:
|Tackle Football Divisions of Play:|
The asterisked (*) provisions in each division allow the so-called "older but lighter" player to also qualify.
A child's age on July 31 is his/her age for the season. A player may gain 1 pound per week after the first game, up to a maximum of 9 pounds.
Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions
1. My son is a returning (or new) player but is not available on his night to turn in paperwork. Can we come the other night? YES, we try to split the nights so we don't have too many trying to turn in their paperwork on the same night but if you are not available then you can come the other night.
2. We are out of town this week but we have registered online. How do we turn in our paperwork? If you are not available either night this week and have already paid online, please mail your forms to LKN Giants 14536 S. Brent Dr. Huntersville, NC 28078.
3. We are new to the Giants. How do we know who our Coach will be? For all new players we will hold a draft on June 22nd where each new player will be drafted to a team. Your Coach will call you or email you that week to let you know your son is on his team.
4. We will be out of town the week of the Champions combine. Is that ok to miss? YES, the combine is optional, however, we strongly encourage each kid to come out and participate if you are available. You son will be tested and given a list of exercise or activities that they can work on to prepare for the upcoming season. We will send out a schedule for the combine so that you will know when you are supposed to test.
5. When do we get fitted for our equipment? We will weigh and fit your son for his helmet on our Dick's night this week. The rest of the equipment will be issued to everyone who has paid in full and turned in all of their paperwork on July 13th & July 20th. Your Coach will give you the exact time and place to pick up your equipment. Please note that we will require you to have turned in all of your paperwork in order to receive your equipment this season. This is a change to our past policy!
6. When do practice begin? Practices begin on Thursday August 1st. The first 6 practices will be without equipment. Shorts, Cleats and light colored T-Shirts are recommended.
7. We are on vacation for a week in August. Is that going to affect my son's playing time? NO, although we prefer our families to take their vacations in June and July we realize for some that is not possible. Please be sure to let your coach know ASAP is you are going to miss any practice times.
8. How do I apply for Financial Aid? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
and request information on our scholarship program.
9. If I am a returning player will I automatically go to the Coach I had last season? YES, each player will be placed with his Coach from the previous season unless you request a move and have a valid reason or your Coach from the previous season is not returning.
10. My coach from last season is not returning. Will I still get to play with my old teammates? YES, we try to keep the kids together even if we have to move the entire group to a new coach.
For any other questions please email us at email@example.com
2014 Lake Norman Giants Schedule
April 1st - Online Registration is open!
May 17th - Giants @ Birkdale! We will have a tent at Birkdale Shopping Center giving away free prizes to kids who show up with their Giants jersey on!
May 24th - Giants @ Birkdale! We will have a tent at Birkdale Shopping Center giving away free prizes to kids who show up with their Giants jersey on!
June 10th - Last Day to register!
June 3rd - Dick's Sporting Goods Night - 6:00 - 8:00 (returning players) to turn in all your paperwork and be fitted for your uniform. Dick's Sporting Goods at Birkdale shopping center
June 4th - Dick's Sporting Goods Night - 6:00 - 8:00 (new players) to turn in all your paperwork and be fitted for your uniform. Dick's Sporting Goods at Birkdale shopping center
June 16th – 20th - Lake Norman Giants Combine at Champions Sports Center -
Players will learn speed strength and agility drills and other football related drills that will help them build confidence and know what they need to do to prepare for the upcoming fall season.
June 22nd - Player Draft
Week of June 23rd - Players will be contacted by their coaches and given their schedule for the fall season.
July 12th - Equipment handout - IMPORTANT: This year NO player will be issued their equipment until all paperwork has been received including report card and birth certificate!
July 19th - Makeup date for Equipment handout - IMPORTANT: This year NO player will be issued their equipment until all paperwork has been received including report card and birth certificate!
July 30th - Giants Kick Off Party! Held at Davidson Day School. Inflatables, bounce houses, football challenges, giveaways and much more! All families invited. FREE everything!
August 1st – First official practice begins
August 23rd - Jamboree at Hough High School (Full Scrimmage)
August 24th - Team Picture Day
Sept 6th - Opening Day, first regular season game
November 8th - Final regular season game
November 15th - Lake Bowl
No upcoming news listed today.